Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is packed full of flavor and ready on your table in under 10 minutes…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1 3/4 pounds | 800 grams shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons — add more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
Fry shrimp and add salt and pepper, to your taste.
Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally; then flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side, until just beginning to turn nice and pink.
Add the remaining butter, lemon juice, and water.
Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through (do not overcook them).
Take off heat. Taste test, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed to suit YOUR tastes.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over rice or pasta.