Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Nighttime leg cramps are very common and they cause pain in the feet, thighs, and calves, as well as discomfort that reduces the quality of sleep and may cause problems with the overall health as well. The main causes of leg cramps are lack of physical movement during the day, dehydration, and poor blood flow in the legs.
Leg cramps may last from several seconds up to few minutes and there are even cases when they can last for several days. Luckily, there is a way to lower the cramps with the help of certain tricks.
First, you should increase the intake of magnesium by eating foods that are rich in this mineral-like bananas, veggies, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, dates, yogurt, mushrooms, cacao, quinoa, apple cider vinegar, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, sardines, salmon, nuts, sea salt, molasses, and avocados.
Second, you should prepare this homemade magnesium oil. Let’s take a look at the recipe:
Half a cup of magnesium chloride flakes
Half a cup of distilled water
Preparation: First, bring the water to boil and add the flakes. Stir the content and when the flakes dissolve, remove the pot from the heat and leave it to cool down. Afterwards, transfer it into a sprayer.
Application: Spray 5 to 10 sprays on each leg, before going to bed.
- Do stretches-stretching will prevent cramps by boosting the blood flow and improving the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Intake more vitamin D-vitamin D is crucial for the proper absorption of calcium, an electrolyte which balances the fluids in the body. In order to do this, increase the exposure to sun and consume more mushrooms and seafood.
- Balance the electrolytes-when the body is properly hydrated, the risk of cramps is low. However, when they’re imbalanced, the opposite may occur. In order to balance the electrolytes, you should prepare the following remedy:
Mix ½ tsp of unionized salt, a quart of water, and 6 tsp of sugar. Drink the beverage every day.
- Walk slowly whenever you can– this will significantly better the circulation in the legs.
- Massage the calves with circular movements prior to bed
- When you’re experiencing a cramp, extend the leg and flex the ankles. Then, place the toes upward and tug the feet and stretch.