Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
There are certain foods and drinks in our diet that are not necessarily harmful but can cause complications if consumed on a daily basis. Some of these foods and drinks include guilty pleasures like chocolate, candy, sodas, wine, and even coffee.
Eating these foods frequently can cause the rise of acidic levels in our system, which in turn can lead to various health complications such as long-term heartburn and inflammation.
Kale juice is one of the best natural options that can remedy the problem of acidity, and boost your overall physical well-being. Here are a few important facts you should know about the health benefits of drinking kale juice.
Why Is Alkalinity Important?
- Alkalinity refers to the acidic level in our body, more precisely, the pH or potential of Hydrogen level ranging from 0 to 14. Anything under 7.34 means that our system is dealing with an acidic condition which is not conducive to our health, and can be harmful and damaging.
- Once acidic levels rise, the organism becomes susceptible to various germs, bacteria, and inflammation, as the immune system also become weaker.
- When recuperating from various illnesses, colds and flu also become harder and takes twice as much time to recover when the organism is fighting to return to an alkaline state.
Kale Juice Is Alkaline & Packed With Nutrients & Antioxidants
- Juicing certain fruits and vegetables is a great way to maintain a healthy alkaline level, which will naturally boost your immune system and contribute to your overall physical well-being. At the top of the vegetable, a list is a kale.
- Not only is kale low in calories (an overall 36 calories per serving), but it is also packed with nutrients and antioxidants, that help improve your metabolism. Furthermore, consuming kale in juice form will also allow the body to absorb it faster than when eaten as a salad.
- Kale juice should be consumed on an empty stomach, as drinking it after meals may cause heartburn in some. This way, all the nutrients found in kale will be absorbed easier. Additionally, when preparing kale juice, do not wait too long before consuming it—drink it as soon as you prepare it.
- Drinking kale juice is one of the healthiest choices one can make, but do bear in mind that too much of anything can harm you. Subsequently, try to determine what is the right amount of juice for you.
- Each individual’s body and metabolism is different, so feel free to experiment and gauge the right amount for you. Listen to your body when it gives out signals of any discomfort.
Kale’s Super Anti-Inflammatory Properties For Arthritis
- Kale is one of the many green vegetables that are rich in anti-inflammatory agents that are beneficial for arthritis-related ailments.
- Due to its high omega-3 fatty acid content, it is able to eliminate various harmful acids, such as the omega 6 fatty acid, which is not only inherently harmful but can also have negative effects on the body.
- Besides a high omega-3 fatty acid content, kale is also packed with an important vitamin—namely Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known as one of the most important components that help fight cold and flu. It also strengthens the immune system and boosts recovery after exercise.
- Other important nutrients found in kale include vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
Kale Boosts Eye And Heart Health
- Kale is also rich in provitamin A carotenoid, which is an important component for eye health. With a daily kale juice intake, you will not have to worry about wearing glasses for a really long time.
- The heart is another organ that kale has great effects on. Due to a high amount of micronutrients found in kale, blood pressure reduction and vasodilation is another health benefit of this leafy green miracle.
Other Superior Health Benefits Of Kale Juice
- Since kale is packed with a number of highly beneficial nutrients and antioxidants, it doesn’t come as a surprise to learn that it also slows the aging process and helps fight harmful agents in the system, thus serving as a cancer preventative.
- Also, it has been proven that cancer patients who consume kale juice regularly recuperate faster and have more energy after their treatment.
How To Make Your Healthy, Alkaline-Boosting Kale Juice
- Kale juice can be made on its own or in a combination of other fruits and vegetables, such lemon, apples, pineapple, kiwifruit, cucumber, celery, spinach, and ginger.
- Whether you are making a kale “cocktail” or drink it straight up, one thing is for sure—you will reap the benefits of an astounding vegetable packed with some of the greatest nutrients nature has to offer.