Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty, while the addition of the Jack Daniel’s gives your taste buds a kick of flavor. This is the ultimate mac and cheese dish that’s guaranteed to awaken all your senses…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 10 slices bacon
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey (or whiskey of your choice)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound macaroni pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel’s Tenessee Whiskey
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, bring ½ cup Jack Daniel’s to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Remove from heat. On a plate, combine brown sugar and cayenne.
- Dip bacon into Jack Daniels and then press each side into brown sugar mixture to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Watch the bacon so it doesn’t burn. Remove the bacon to a plate coated with non-stick cooking spray to cool.
- Chop bacon; set aside. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain pasta; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add flour, and whisk to combine. Add 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel’s and whisk into roux.
- Whisk in 1 cup milk until combined. Add remaining milk. Whisk frequently until sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add cheeses; whisk until cheeses melt and sauce is smooth. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over pasta, and add bacon. Stir until pasta is completely coated in sauce. Add more salt and pepper if desired.