Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These delicious, extra cheesy, Italian sausage-stuffed shells use a few short-cuts to make this dinner so fast and easy to make. A sure crowd-pleaser…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 container (7.5 ounces) chive and green onion cream cheese (soft, spreadable)
- 1 bag (2 cups) shredded Italian cheese blend, separated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh parsley, fresh basil
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in the ground beef, Italian sausage, and Italian seasoning. Mix and break up the meat. Cook until browned and then remove from the heat and set aside.
In a 9 x 13 baking dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese spread, 1 and 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese, the Parmesan cheese, egg and cooked beef/sausage mixture. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each shell.
Place the stuffed shells over sauce in the prepared pan and then pour the remaining sauce over top, covering the shells completely. Cover the pan with foil.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese and cook for 10 more minutes.
Remove and top with fresh parsley and basil if desired.