Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A pleasingly moist cake, this treat is the one I requested that my mom make each year for my birthday. It’s dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffy buttery frosting is scrumptious with chopped walnuts stirred in. One piece of this cake is never enough…
Ingredients [ For 12 to 14 people ] [ Preparation time : 25 minute – Cooking time : 40 minutes ]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounces) can be crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- buttermilk glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- deluxe cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 (3 ounces) package cream cheese (room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 (16 ounces) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease three 8 or 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- In your mixing bowl, beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium to large saucepan.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly until glaze is golden.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and cool slightly.
- Drizzle warm buttermilk glaze evenly over warm cake layers; cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, inverting layers. Peel parchment; invert again, glaze side up.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Frost with Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top of sides of cake.
- Chill cake several hours before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator