Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hormones secreted by the thyroid gland, thyroid gland, regulating many processes in the body, such as body temperature, metabolic rate, heart rate and the functioning of the nervous system.
These hormones also affect the appearance and quality of the skin and hair. All that this little gland, located at the front of the neck, between the larynx and collarbone, a big role in the functioning of the body and should be checked regularly.
The thyroid gland secretes two main hormones – triiodothyronine T3 and thyroxine T4, a problem arises because they are too small or too big production. In both cases, there is a number of disorders in the body.
These signs suggest that maybe your thyroid gland is functioning improperly
- If you sleep 8 to 10 hours each night and still feel tired during the day, you can have a low production of thyroid hormones. Chronic fatigue is associated with many health conditions, and is usually a result of thyroid hormone deficiency and occurs as an early warning that its function is not physiological.
The weakening of concentration and memory
- If you have difficulty focusing on a task, forget things and feel like you are “walking in the fog” all day, you should check your thyroid. High levels of thyroid hormone affecting the lowering of concentration, a low impact on the reduction of memory.
- Hypothyroidism is often accompanied with constipation. Hyperthyroidism has the opposite effect – and causes frequent diarrhea.
Mood changes, anxiety, depression
- People who are struggling with hyperthyroidism have increased hormones that cause anxiety and nervousness. Disorders of the thyroid are often manifested through mood swings, irritability, and depression.
- The increase in weight of several kilograms and is not as daunting a problem, but if you keep gaining weight despite your physical activity and healthy eating habits, perhaps you should contact a doctor.
- A thyroid disorder can manifest itself through increased sensitivity to cold and heat, tinnitus, hair loss, and the formation of brittle nails.
- If your thyroid tests are normal does not mean that we should take care of its proper functioning. Blood tests can detect a large imbalance of hormones, such as thyroid disease in advanced. Unfortunately, less imbalance cannot always detect in time.
- Diet plays an important role in the function of the thyroid. According to a study from 1990, low-calorie diet can affect thyroid function and mood.
Coconut oil and thyroid
- Coconut oil is a saturated fat made up of a chain fatty acids which are known to increase metabolism and promote weight loss. Coconut oil can also raise basal body temperature. Different digested in the body than all other foods because of it easier to share in the liver which leads to higher energy production and more efficient fat burning.
- One of the benefits of coconut oil is its long service life. Many oils very quickly spoil (rancidity), and in order to prevent manufacturers treat them in an effort to extend shelf life. These hydrogenated oils are very harmful to the body, especially for the thyroid gland. On the other hand, coconut oil is very difficult to perishable and not require harmful processes that would extend shelf life.
- Adding coconut oil to the diet is only one way to maximize the performance of their thyroid. Reduce the intake of gluten and try the type of Mediterranean diet. This diet regime has proven that great when it comes to promoting heart health.
- Add more vitamins and minerals like iron, iodine, vitamin B, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. Avoid chemicals such as dioxins, which can affect your thyroid gland.
- And last but not least, try to get rid of stress in your life. Stress and anxiety only contribute to the existing thyroid problem.