Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- This Healthy Szechuan Chicken has just 6 Points + for a very full, 1 cup serving, and makes a great dinner idea for any Weight Watcher who is craving Chinese food. Simply by making a few healthy changes to a traditional Szechuan Chicken Recipe, I was able to come up with a healthier version, lower in fat and calories, but full of fiber, protein, and heart healthy fats. This dish leaves out NONE of the flavors and will most likely fool anyone into thinking you just picked this up from your favorite Chinese food joint. If you love Chinese fast food recipes, you must try this dish.
PER SERVING: 233 calories; 10g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 4g fiber
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1lb pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp cornstarch
– 3 tbsp fat-free chicken broth
– 1/4 Tsp cornstarch
– 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tbsp tomato paste
– 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
– ½ Tsp ground coriander
– ¼ Tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp brown sugar
– 1/2 Tsp sesame oil
- To prepare Szechuan sauce: Whisk broth, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, coriander, black pepper and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
To prepare chicken: Combine chicken, rice wine (or sherry), soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil to the pan, then add ginger and onion. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Then add the chicken mixture. Cook until the chicken begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Continue stir-frying until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, another 1 to 2 minutes.
Add broccoli, peanuts, and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Now stir the Szechuan sauce into the pan and stir-fry until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened and glossy, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.
Enjoy it !!