Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Wild salmon, quinoa, and kale these burgers are not only super healthy, loaded with good-for-you omegas and tons of protein (21-1/2 grams of protein) they also taste delicious and are easy to make. Serve them with a simple arugula salad with grapefruit, with a mustard-shallot vinaigrette.
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 16 oz wild salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Old Bay
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the salad
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 1/ 4 Tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 loose cups baby arugula
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and diced
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Cut about a 4 oz piece off or the salmon and place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop. This will help hold the burgers together.
- With a knife finely chop the remaining salmon, transfer to a large work bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the oil and saute shallots and kale. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until wilted and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with salmon along with quinoa, Dijon, Old Bay and egg. Mix to combine, then form into 5 patties, about 1/2 cup each.
- Lightly heat a nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat, when hot spray with oil and add the salmon patties. Cook the 4 to 5 minutes, then gently turn and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Toss the dressing with the arugula and grapefruit; divide among four plates.
- Top each salad with a salmon burger.
Enjoy it !!