Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you love apples, then you’re going to want to put these baked Hasselback apples on your must-make dessert list! They are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious you’ll want to eat them all year long…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 large, firm apples, like Honey Crisp or Pink Lady
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- Cooking spray
- Ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Melt the butter: In a small saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once cooled add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside. Peel the apples to remove all the skin.
- Slice the apples in half from top to bottom. Core the apples: Use a melon baller or spoon to remove the apple cores.
- Cut slices in the apples, leaving the bottom intact: Place the apples cut-side down on a cutting board.
- Cut slices into the apple, 1/4-inch apart, stopping just before you cut through the bottom.
- Brush the apples with melted butter and sugar: Stir together the butter mixture.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the butter mixture over top of the apples and into the slices.
- Bake the apples: Spray a thin layer of cooking spray over the inside of a baking dish.
- Place the apples in the baking dish, flat-side down. Cover the baking dish with tinfoil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the streusel: Cut the remaining tablespoon of butter into cubes.
- Add it to a bowl, along with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, flour, oats, and a pinch of salt.
- Use your fingers or a fork to blend the ingredients together.
- Top the apples with streusel: After the apples have finished baking, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Use a fork to carefully spread the streusel over top of the apples.
- Work the streusel between the slices as well.
- Increase the oven temperature and continue baking: Increase the oven temperature to 425°F.
- Place the baking dish back in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more.
- Cool the apples Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Cool the apples for about 5 minutes before serving.