Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These ham mashed potato cakes are the most amazing way to use leftover mashed potatoes. They are incredibly cheesy and make a delicious snack or appetizer…
Ingredients [ For 15 to 17 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 4 slices of Ham, finely chopped
- ½ cup plain Bread Crumbs (for coating)
- 4-6 tablespoons Oil for shallow frying
- Sour Cream or Mayonnaise for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, mozzarella, egg, flour, jalapeno, garlic, and ham till combined.
- The mixture should be thick and should hold its shape. If it is too loose, add a tablespoon of a flour at a time (this will depend on the consistency of your mashed potatoes)
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the mixture and form it into patties which are about ⅓ inches in thickness.
- Coat each cake evenly with a thin coating of breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the patties in a single layer on each side for 3-4 minutes till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with sour cream or mayonnaise.