Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Whenever I hear people say you shouldn’t ruin fresh fish at the sushi bar by dipping it in copious amounts of wasabi-spiked soy sauce, I think to myself, yeah, but that’s how I like it. Sometimes I just don’t care about overpowering the natural flavors, and this grilled yellowfin tuna with freshly grated horseradish sauce recipe is one of those times….
- 2 (8 ounces) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated raw horseradish root, or more to taste
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Lightly oil steaks with vegetable oil.
- Stir soy sauce, rice vinegar, horseradish, cherry tomatoes, and hot chile paste in a bowl until well combined.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place steaks over the hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate. Spoon soy sauce mixture over steaks and garnish with green onion.