Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
One of my favorite ways to make grilled steak in the summer is topped with fresh chopped tomatoes, red onion, balsamic and oil. It’s fresh and a great way to enjoy those end-of-summer tomatoes!
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 lb flank or London broil steak
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as oregano, basil or parsley
- Pierce steak all over with a fork. Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper. Let onions sit a few minutes with the salt and balsamic to mellow a bit. Combine with tomatoes and fresh herbs and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Heat grill or broiler on high heat. Cook steak about 7 minutes on each side for medium rare or longer to taste. Remove from grill and let it rest on a plate for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak thin on the diagonal; top with tomatoes and serve.
Enjoy it !!