Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You’ll love how creamy this savory/smoky salad is! It’s the perfect summer side for your BBQs.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 8 potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 large dill pickles, chopped coarsely
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Maple Lodge Farms Smokies Chicken Sausages
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes to a large saucepan filled with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl and sprinkle with white vinegar. Stir in dill pickles and onions. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Remove any loose layers from the garlic head. Cut the top of the garlic head to expose the cloves.
- Place on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until softened.
- Squeeze garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Grill Smokies for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning often.
- Remove from grill and set aside to cool. Once cool to touch, slice into 1/2 inch coin-sized pieces. Add to potato mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the garlic. Stir to combine.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss. Sprinkle with parsley and stir to combine.