Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Garlic Butter Pork Chops are an easy one-pan dinner with a delicious mushroom-onion mixture and a hint of lemon to brighten all the flavors! Perfect for a low-carb family dinner…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced small
- 1 8 oz. package white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless pork chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium lemon, zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Move the veggies to the side of the pan.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to the center of the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, until well browned.
- Turn over and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Zest the lemon and top each pork chop with lemon zest and a 1/2 tablespoon pat of butter.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature and remove from heat when pork has reached an internal temp of 150.
- Let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over pork chops and serve with mushroom and onion mixture on top.