Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Many people throw away the banana peels because they are convinced that only the flesh contains the nutritional stuff. However, that is so not true. In fact, half of a banana’s nutrients are found its peel. So, we can conclude that you are throwing away at least half of what you have paid for.
For example, in different parts of the world, the banana peels are edible. Some people have even found many interesting ways to take advantage of the peel.
According to the newest researchers, it has been found that the banana peels could also help with weight loss.
How Banana Peel Helps You to Lose Weight
- The flesh medium-sized banana contains key nutrients that help in maintaining the weight:
- 20% of the vitamin B-6, which helps the body’s ability to convert food into energy
- 17% of your vitamin C, which is essential for the immune system
- 12% of your daily fiber, which helps with the digestion and could help lower your risk of diabetes
- 12% of your potassium, which assists in the development of tissues, cells, and organs throughout the body
- 8% of your magnesium, which is essential for the body’s energy productions and regulating the glucose and the blood pressure levels.
- If you consume the skin along with the flesh, you are going to get even more of these nutrients.
- The Nutritionist Laura Flores for Life Science said: “[The skin] of the banana contains high amounts of vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, as well as magnesium and potassium. It also contains fiber and protein”.
Green or Yellow Banana?
- By now, you have probably heard all about the pros and cons of eating unripe or ripe bananas. When it comes to weight loss, green is the best option.
- They contain much more probiotics, which are very beneficial for helping the digestive health. Moreover, green peels could help raise serotonin and dopamine levels, which in turn will make you feel better. This can help you manage emotional eating as well.
- However, you can still use the yellow peel for weight loss, if you prefer something sweeter.
How To Eat Banana Peel?
- Generally, the fruit peels contain higher concentration levels of phytonutrients, and they tend to make them taste bitter. Still, there are some innovative ways to prepare them and they’ll have a delicious taste.
- For example, you can cut the ends of the peel and throw it into your smoothie. Add whatever other ingredients you want.
- In addition, you can prepare banana tea by simply boiling the peel.
- Another suggestion is to use the banana peel for the curry instead of using potatoes. Feel free to be creative and try some different recipes.
- One last thing that is very important to know, before eating banana peels is to always make sure to buy organic so as to limit your exposure to pesticides.
- Important Note: Remember to wash the bananas thoroughly before using them.