Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
We all wonder how celebrities maintain their weight and their figures and what usually happens is we tend to follow what they do. What we often see are diet schemes, exercise routines and a lot more methods that may require more equipment and a lot of funds. However, there are some methods that we just can’t do because of the type of lifestyle we have and, of course, the money involved is important, too. This is the reason why more people seek for alternative solutions in losing weight.
Losing weight is not just for the sake of looking good or just for plain vanity. The reason why a lot of people want to lose or maintain their weight is to prevent themselves from getting any diseases linked to obesity. Heart failure, high blood pressure, diabetes and even cancer are just some of the degenerative diseases that can be acquired should we let our weight go out of control. But if you have the time, equipment or money, how do you help yourself from getting fat?
The internet and media have provided several solutions for many years now. One solution that sparked intrigue for many people who want to improve their weight and health is lemon water. Whether it is the research or the faithful interview of a celebrity, lemon water paved its way to the top most sought after weight loss solution. But what is lemon water? What makes it effective? And what can be its dangers?
Lemon Water Basics
- Making lemon water is really easy- you simply need to clean the lemons thoroughly, cut the lemons and place in water.
- You can place the water with lemon inside the fridge and consume one glass of lemon water in the morning, then once in the afternoon.
- Some also put lemon in lukewarm water, let the lemon soak for a few minutes then drink the water.
- Some put other types of fruits and berries with lemon water.
- What’s great about this water is that you don’t really need sugar and the taste is actually less sour than once can imagine.
The Benefits Of Lemon Water
- Lemon is truly powerful in terms of making the body lose some weight.
- The antioxidant in the lemons helps in getting rid of toxins and stimulates the body to burn the fats from the food you eat and the fats already stored in your body.
- But besides this, there are other benefits that lemon water can provide us and here are a few:
Boosts The Immune System
- Because of its multiple nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants, lemon water can improve health and help the body have a better immune system.
- With the immune system running smoothly, you are assured that your body will not be easily infected by bacterial and viral infections as well as other more serious diseases.
It Promotes A Better pH Balance Levels
- You might think that since lemon is sour it is acidic, but you are wrong. Lemon is one of the best alkalizing foods you can have to maintain the pH balance of your body and helps keep your body from inflammation and pain.
Clearer & Healthier Skin
- The antioxidants in lemon can get rid of free radicals and toxins that affect the skin. With its antioxidants and alkalizing components, the skin will be clearer, remove blemishes and kill acne-causing bacteria.
Keeps You Energized And In A Good Mood
- Lemon is naturally refreshing and waking up with a glass of lemon water can definitely keep your spirits high throughout the day. Lemon water can keep you feeling more awake than a coffee can.
Dangers Of Lemon Water
Just like any other foods or beverages, lemon water can still pose danger if not taken moderately. Though it is considered healthy, drinking too much lemon water or not knowing what you must do when drinking lemon water can also affect your health and even cause you to gain weight. Here are a few things that you must consider when drinking lemon water.
Too much consumption can ruin your teeth’s enamel. Lemon may have alkalizing properties, but it still has acid which can erode your teeth’s outer layer which can cause cavities or stains.
- Some medications do not go well with lemon water because it can lower the effectiveness of the medicine.
If you already have gastric ulcers, it may not be a good idea to drink lemon water. This can cause further damage and even acid reflux.
- Remember that drinking lemon water in the right amount is still the best way to enjoy the benefits of lemon water. Also, remember that you still need to exercise or stay active and eat a balanced diet together with lemon water in order assure a successful weight loss.