Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- When we talk about fish as a food product we can hardly decide which type is the healthiest for us. However, only one is the king of fish, nutritious and delicious meal – salmon. Eating salmon at least twice a week can significantly improve our health. The health benefits obtained from eating the juicy-oily fish include strengthening your muscles, reducing the chances of a number of diseases as well as the imposition of a healthier and longer life.
WHY NORWEGIAN SALMON?
- Norway is among the world’s biggest producer and supplier of seafood available in more than 150 countries worldwide. Norwegian salmon stands out from others because of its high quality which is closely linked to the conditions in which it is grown. Norway salmon is produced in a clean ocean environment with the right current and temperature.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SALMON MEAT FOR OUR MUSCLES AND TISSUES?
- The human digestive system easily processes the proteins of this fish and, unlike other protein sources, these do not contain any harmful, carcinogenic substances. These proteins will give you all the necessary amino acids that are important for muscle and bone cells and will keep them in good shape. Other important nutrients that enhance human health are omega -3 fatty acids that nourish our brain and heart, vitamins A, B and D, and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, and selenium.
SALMON FOR GOOD HEART HEALTH
- The above-mentioned omega-3 fatty acids help in lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood. The first thing that doctors recommend after a heart attack is to reduce the “bad” lipoprotein fractions as well as the overall levels of triglycerides. Salmon meat not only does this but also works on raising levels of “good” HDL lipoprotein fractions. It has been proven that the meat of this fish helps to repair heart muscle, reduces blood pressure and protects our life pump.
OTHER BENEFITS OF SALMON MEAT
- The salmon meat speeds up our metabolism and regulates the absorption of sugar, which can reduce levels of blood sugar and act preventively against diabetes.
- Omega-3 fatty acids act preventively in the process of developing macular degeneration (visual impairment due to aging).
- Selenium is good for the hair and skin because it helps the skin cell walls to retain moisture.
WHAT 115 GRAMS OF SALMON OFFER US?
- Full recommended daily intake of vitamin D, half the recommended daily intake of vitamin B12, niacin and selenium, and around 30g of protein.