Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Classic Mediterranean ingredients like peppers, onion, and spinach bring texture, flavor, and nutrition to actress Lea Michele’s frittata recipe, while egg whites and feta provide over 20 grams of protein. This low-calorie frittata is quick enough to come together on a weekday morning but elegant enough to serve to friends at a special weekend brunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 egg whites (either separated or in a carton)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
- Saute onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
- Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. (If you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400°F.)
- Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.
Enjoy it !!