Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Ricotta Cannelloni with a video to show you this Easy Methode
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 350g fresh reduced fat Australian ricotta cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups grated pumpkin
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1/3 cup finely grated Australian parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets
- 500ml tomato passata (Italian tomato cooking sauce)
- 1 cup reduced fat Australian mozzarella cheese
- Crisp green salad, for serving
- Combine ricotta, spring onions, pumpkin, zucchini, 1/4 cup parmesan, egg, thyme, lemon and season to taste.
- Lay a lasagne sheet on a clean bench and cut in half to form 2 squares. Spread 1/2 cup ricotta mixture along one edge of the sheet and roll to enclose. Repeat with remaining sheets and ricotta mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce over the base of a large baking dish and snuggly fit in each of the cannelloni. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and remaining parmesan over the cannelloni and bake at 180°C for 30-45 minutes until golden and cooked through. Stand for 10 minutes before serving with a crisp green salad.
TIPS & HINTS
- Tomato Passata is available in the supermarket. This “no cook” filling and sauce make this recipe super quick to prepare. Try using cheddar cheese if you don’t have mozzarella in the fridge. The cannelloni can be frozen, raw or cooked. It should be thawed completely before reheating/cooking.