Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
My delicious cottage pie recipe. Beef and root vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with mashed potatoes and melted cheese….
Ingredients [ For 5 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 45 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 750 g minced meat (beef/veal)
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 10 cl of fresh cream
- 1 bouillon cube
- 7 ounces of water
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into pieces.
- Cook the potatoes, preferably steamed, then puree and stir in 1 egg, cream, milk, salt, pepper, butter and grated nutmeg.
- Book mashed potatoes warm.
- Saute onions and garlic finely chopped in a little butter, add the meat, fry a few minutes, add water and a bouillon cube.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes then remove from heat, add 2 egg yolks and a little-chopped parsley.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 210 ° C (gas mark 7).
- Spread a layer of mashed potatoes in the bottom of a baking dish, spread the mince over and cover evenly puree.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put to brown in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Enjoy it !!