Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The lungs, which are one of the most important organs in the human body, are very susceptible to damage caused by toxins from our diet, atmosphere, or lifestyle.
Anything that goes into the lungs eventually reaches the bloodstream, so being mindful of keeping them free of toxins is of utmost importance.
There are a few things that can be done to detoxify the lungs to boost their capacity, improve the health of the respiratory tract, and lower the risk of lung cancer.
Detoxify Your Lungs With These 8 Natural Strategies That Work
- Drinking water is important for the overall health, even for improving lung health. Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water daily keeps the body properly hydrated and the lungs flush with fresh fluid and blood.
- Properly hydrated kidneys can help clear mucus and fight off bacterial infections. Additionally, adding fruits and veggies to your fresh water can help motivate you to drink more.
Lemon Cucumber Detox Water
- 1 jug of water
- 6-10 pieces of cucumber slices
- a small handful of mint leaves
- slices of half a lemon
Let the ingredients stand in water overnight.
2. Herbs: Lemon, Ginger, And Peppermint
- Lemon water is definitely one of the best natural cleansers, which detoxifies the body by acting as a diuretic and with antioxidants.
- Drinking lemon water on an empty stomach is an ideal way to jump-start your day and boost your energy levels. Ginger and peppermint work similarly by clearing the respiratory system and removing toxic matter from the lungs.
- You can either drink ginger and peppermint tea at bedtime or chew on a few peppermint leaves to combat infections in the lungs.
3. Breathing Exercises
- Practicing deep breathing exercises keeps the lungs free of toxins by increasing blood flow to the lungs. Experts recommend including exercises involving holding the breath and letting it out in a long exhale.
- In addition to breathing exercises, physical movements can help by opening up the lungs. Intense exercises increase heart-rate and oxygen-deprived muscles, which in turn helps the lungs develop an increased capacity for filtering oxygen needed for the muscles.
4. Natural Cleaning Products
- Most household cleaning products, including air fresheners, floor polish, furniture polish, and chlorine bleach, contain toxic chemicals which may lead to respiratory problems like asthma.
- Always read the labels on the cleaning products and opt for those that are free of flammable ingredients or fragrances.
- In addition, anytime you clean, keep the doors and windows open to allow ventilation and circulation.
5. Take A Hot Shower With Eucalyptus
- Interestingly, inhaling the hot steam can help remove toxic matter accumulated in the lungs.
- Being a potent antioxidant and antiseptic, eucalyptus can help lower the risk of colds and coughs as well as boost the respiratory system. Keeping a bunch of eucalyptus hanging in the shower can help relieve congestion, clogged sinuses, or a sore throat.
6. Quit Smoking
- Needless to say, giving up smoking is the most important step towards an effective detoxification of the lungs. If you are the smoker, it is time to quit smoking and regain the control over your lung health. If you are the passive smoker, look for a way to avoid the second-hand smoke.
- Cigarettes contain tar, a cancer-causing compound which coats the lungs and leads to coughs, wheezing, and colds. The statistic shows that smoking accounts for 84 percent of deaths from lung cancer, which is more than a good reason to stop smoking!
7. Grape Juice Cleanse
- Regular consumption of grape juice is a good way to clean out the lungs from toxic matter. Its skin is packed with antioxidants properties that limit inflammation in the lungs and help reduce both the risk of lung cancer and the severity of asthma.
8. Avoid Mucus-Producing Foods
- Foods like wheat, soy, meat, and dairy can cause mucus buildup in the lungs as they are more difficult for the body to digest. Eat more foods rich in antioxidants and fiber to detoxify the system and help it along in the digestion of food.