Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mini Baklava Cups taste like authentic baklava but easier! The honey and lemon syrup make these baklava cups completely irresistible…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (from ½ small lemon)
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 packages (15 counts, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 2 cups nuts (we used 1½ cups walnuts + ½ cup salted pistachios)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Melted chocolate chips to drizzle for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a small saucepan, combine syrup ingredients: ½ cup sugar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, ⅓ cup water and ¼ cup honey.
- Bring to a boil over med/high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves then reduce heat and keep at a light boil for 4 min without stirring.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool at room temperature while prepping baklava cups.
- In a food processor, pulse together 2 cups nuts to coarsely chop. Transfer to medium mixing bowl and stir in ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Add 3 Tbsp melted butter and stir to combine.
- Arrange 30 mini phyllo cups on rimmed baking sheet and divide nut mixture between the cups (about 2 tsp per cup), patting down the tops with your fingers. Bake 10 min at 350˚F.
- Once out of the oven, immediately spoon cooled syrup over nuts, adding 1 tsp to each one to let the syrup soak in then repeat with another ½ teaspoon of syrup until all syrup is used up.
- Let rest at room temperature for 6 hrs or overnight for flavors to meld and cups to soften.
- Serve as is or drizzled with chocolate.