Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Chicken Piccata with chickpeas is an easy protein-packed meal perfect for date night or busy weeknights. Comes together in just 30 minutes with a tasty lemon caper sauce…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut horizontally pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons almond flour or regular flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons baby capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 (15 ounces) can no-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale (stems removed)
- lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dust with a light coating of flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil in a large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken broth, capers, garlic, Italian seasoning, and paprika (if using) to the skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and bring to a boil while scraping down the brown bits.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the sauce to simmer and thicken.
- Add kale and then the chicken back to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the kale has wilted and the chicken is heated through.
- Adjust seasonings as needed and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Alternatively, you can pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.