Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dealing with Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria can be super tricky, and most people end up with severe complications.
What is Strep Throat?
- A bacterial infection of the throat, strep throat often makes the throat feel sore and scratchy.
- Common signs and symptoms of strep throat include throat pain, difficulty swallowing, red and swollen tonsils, red spots on the soft or hard palate and swollen lymph nodes in the neck. Additionally, fever, headache, rash, stomachache, vomiting, and fatigue are also common.
- Strep throat is caused by a specific strain of bacteria known as Streptococcus pyogenes.
- The bacteria is highly contagious and can easily spread to others. Strep throat is common in children, and sufferers deal with a sore throat and inflammation.
- Doctors would always suggest that you take antibiotics, but this may not be your smartest solution.
- Certain natural remedies can provide huge relief, and you will feel better at the end of the day.
Home Remedies for Strep Throat
- Reducing inflammation of the throat and treating the underlying infection are the two main components of treatment regarding strep throat.
- Several natural remedies are particularly effective for accomplishing both of these levels of treatment and more.
- Cayenne, apple cider vinegar and garlic are among the most effective options for treating strep throat.
- Honey is an excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent.
- It soothes inflammation, infections, and pain.
- Nutrients in honey destroy bacteria, and you will feel better within a minute.
- Lemons are packed with vitamin C. this vitamin offers a strong antibacterial effect, so consider boosting your daily dose.
- Make yourself a nice cup of tea, and add in a squeeze of lemon juice and honey.
- Have you ever used essential oils? We suggest that you try lemon, grapefruit, lemongrass, thyme, lavender, and cinnamon essential oil. A
- ll you have to do is add five drops of your favorite oil to a pot that you’ve already filled with water.
- Bring it to a boil, and turn the heat off. Inhale the steam for 10-15 minutes. Do this a few more times throughout the day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- It’s one of the greatest natural remedies. Add 3 tablespoons of the vinegar to 8oz of warm water.
- Gargle the vinegar solution, and you will experience an awesome relief.
- Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to half a cup of coconut/olive oil. Use this to soothe your throat.
- Apply the spicy oil around your neck to relax the muscles, and treat the infection.
- As you can see, we didn’t mention any antibiotics. Always go all natural, and try to find an efficient home remedy for your problem.
How to Relieve Throat Pain
- The best way to relieve the pain of strep throat is old fashioned gargling.
- While it sounds too simple, this remedy does coat the infected throat with bacteria-fighting remedies, reduces inflammation and can help to numb the area, making it easier to eat and drink and stay hydrated.
Mix together 1 teaspoon each of the following:
- salt (kills germs, soothes tissue, reduces phlegm).
- cayenne pepper powder (fights infection, reduces pain and inflammation).
- clove powder (fights infection, numbs the area).
Now take 1/4 teaspoon of the mix and add it to 2 Tablespoons of warm water. Put lip balm on your lips (so the cayenne won’t burn them) and gargle the solution. Spit it out when you finish. Repeat every 2-4 waking hours or as needed.
AFTER DAYS OF THE WORST PAIN IN MY THROAT AND FEELING ABSOLUTELY AWFUL, NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT OR SLEEP, I TRIED GARGLING WITH 1/4 TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER IN 1/4 CUP WARM WATER, EVERY 2 HOURS. THIS STUNG MILDLY FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND THEN…RELIEF WHICH LASTED! I JUST COULDN’T BELIEVE IT!!!! JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET IT ON YOUR LIPS.
IN BETWEEN GARGLING I FREQUENTLY SIPPED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND MANUKA HONEY MIXED INTO WARM WATER. I ADDED AS MUCH AS I COULD TOLERATE – THE RECIPE I READ (I THINK) SAID A FEW TABLESPOONS OF EACH IN 1 CUP OF WATER BUT I FOUND THIS TOO SHARP AND ALSO DIDN’T WANT THAT MUCH SUGAR. I BASICALLY TRIED TO KEEP MY THROAT BATHED IN THIS DRINK AS MUCH AS I COULD AND THE RELIEF WAS AMAZING. I REALLY STARTED TO FEEL BETTER IMMEDIATELY. SO MUCH MORE RELIEF THAN MEDICATED LOZENGES. I WAS BETTER IN A COUPLE OF DAYS, WHICH IS THE LENGTH OF TIME ANTIBIOTICS ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE TO WORK TOO. (POSTED BY RACHEL (BRISBANE)).
Vitamin Supplements for Strep Throat.
- Whenever you are sick your body will benefit from some extra vitamin support.
- Vitamin C should be taken frequently when you are fighting illness to strengthen the immune system.
- Zinc is also a great supplement to add when you are sick.
Additional Healing Helps for Strep Throat.
- Strep throat is a serious bacterial infection. If left untreated it can develop into rheumatic fever.
- While it may be tempting to go to school or work when you have strep throat, you will be much better off staying home and resting (and keeping your germs away from others!).
Rest is critical.
- This is the time to read the book you wanted to read or watch a movie you have saved for a rainy day.
Hydration is very important.
- Your body will not heal well if it is dehydrated.
- Unfortunately, when your throat is very sore, it can be hard to motivate yourself to drink.
- Use the gargle above to reduce pain. Then drink plenty of hot black, green, or herbal tea sweetened with honey.
- Drink homemade broth and soups.
Healing baths will help you to feel better and rest well.
- Try 1 cup of Epsom salt or 1 cup of baking soda in a warm tub for 20 minutes.
- These baths will help to alkalize your body so that it will heal better.