Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Do you know the tofu, this Asian specialty curdled soy milk which is a delight for vegetarians,
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 25 minute – Cooking time : 10 minutes ]
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Mirin
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Of water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Sambal Olek
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
Tofu and beans
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour unbleached all purpose
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Onion powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) Of cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) of Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 454g (1 lb) firm tofu, cut into strips of 8 x 2 x 1 cm (4 x 1 x 1/2 inch), sponge
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Of canola oil
- 454g (1 lb) green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 French shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except mayonnaise.
- Reserve 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the mixture for seasoning beans.
- Mix the rest with mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate sauce until serving.
Tofu and beans
- In a first shallow dish, place flour, onion powder and cayenne.
- Beat eggs in a second shallow dish.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Flour the tofu sticks.
- Then move into the beaten eggs.
- Press the breadcrumbs to coat them.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown the tofu third in 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Of oil, taking care to clean the pan each time.
- Salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining tofu and oil.
- In the same pan cleaned medium heat, soften the shallot in the remaining dressing (60 ml / 1/4 cup)
- Add beans and mix well.
- Cook a few minutes or until the beans are just hot.
- Spread the beans on the plate.
- Top with tofu.
- Serve with wafer sauce and white rice if desired.