Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Crispy Teriyaki Tofu and Cauliflower Rice has sweet and savory teriyaki sauce over crispy tofu and roasted cauliflower rice.
- Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower broken into large pieces (4 cups after being riced)
- the drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten free low sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 green onion, chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cauliflower rice: Put cauliflower in food processor. Pulse until you get a rice consistency. Spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper on top. Cook at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir and cook another 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Tofu: Slice drained and pressed tofu into cubes or triangles. Dredge in corn starch – twice if you want a really crispy exterior. Heat enough vegetable oil in a pan to cover pan. Add tofu. Cook on both sides until crispy and browned.
- Teriyaki Sauce: In a saucepan combine tamari, mirin, brown sugar, garlic, white and light green parts of green onion. Cook over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. In a bowl, dissolve corn starch in water. Add to pan with teriyaki sauce ingredients. Simmer until thickened.
- Serve over crispy tofu and cauliflower rice. Top with dark green parts of green onion.