Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Thighs in one skillet. Low fat And low carb, filled with fresh spinach, artichokes, parmesan cheese and a hint of garlic.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 38 minutes ]
- cooking oil spray
- 6 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (or breast fillets)
- 1 tablespoon (4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 cup (250g | 9oz) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock/broth
- 1 can (14 oz each) artichoke hearts in brine/water, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- Salt to season
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Spray a large oven-proof skillet with cooking oil spray to coat; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, flesh-side down, and sear for 2 – 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain any excess fat.
Stir garlic through and fry until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add in cream cheese and occasionally stir it until it begins to melt down and become thinner in consistency. Pour in the chicken broth and add the parmesan cheese.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until sauce thickens (about 5 minutes). Stir in artichokes and spinach; simmer until the spinach has just started to wilt.
Place the skillet into preheated oven and continue to roast for 15-20 minutes (or until completely cooked through).
- Serve over rice or pasta.