Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Two vegetable favorites are combined in this creamy dish that can be enjoyed as an accompaniment for roasted meat or as a hearty, vegetarian main meal…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 40 minutes ]
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- If you are using new potatoes you just boil them in water until tender.
- If you are using regular potatoes, peel them and cut them into large, 1 1/2 inch cubes. Boil in salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare a basic white sauce by melting the butter in a 2 qt saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and then the cream and milk.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking until thick and smooth.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the chicken bullion and the peas and cook until heated through.
- By this time your potatoes are pretty close to being done, Drain the potatoes and add them to the white sauce.
- Stir in pepper if desired.
- Do not overcook. You want the peas to remain crisp and not get soggy like canned peas.
- Leftovers get somewhat thick, you may want to add some milk when you reheat this dish.