Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Discover this Christmas log recipe. The traditional family pastry logs made by my mother, and which I enjoy tasting every year …
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 45 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
For the Cake
- 100 g of sugar
- 100g of flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 100 g of sugar in pieces
- 1/2 cup water coffee
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 g butter
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- 2 ml of coffee extract
- For Butter Cream Melt the sugar in the water over low heat to obtain a thick syrup.
- Slowly pour the hot syrup over the egg yolks without stopping stirring with a whisk until full cooling.
- Add the softened butter to the ointment, and mix to obtain a smooth cream.
- Share the preparation in half. Perfume half with coffee, the other with melted chocolate in a little water.
- For Rolled cake work together 4 egg yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- When the mixture is creamy, add a whole egg, and work a few minutes with the spatula.
- Add the flour to the mixture gradually, then the whites beat in the firm snow with a light hand.
- Apply a lightly buttered greaseproof paper to a rectangular plate and spread the dough regularly.
- Place in a hot oven (200 ° C, thermostat 6-7) for 10 minutes. Remove the cake, turn it over a cold surface, without removing the paper and cover it with a cloth [ softened by steam, it will be easier to roll ].
- For Assembly: remove the parchment paper from the cake.
- Spread with cream in the coffee, and roll everything in the direction of the length.
- To equalize the ends, which will be used to make “nodes”. Cover with chocolate cream, add the “knots” and imitate the bark with a fork gently drawn along the length
Enjoy it !!