Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chipotle Lime Carnitas Salad. Crispy Carnitas in a salad drizzled with an incredible Chipotle Lime Dressing and a low carb Cilantro Lime Rice
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes (1/4 cup lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 chipotle chile, chopped finely
- 1-2 tablespoons adobo (adjust to your tastes)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons salt pepper to taste
- Leftover Pulled Pork (use this recipe) OR shredded chicken
- 2 fresh corn cobs, or 1/2 cup tinned corn, rinsed and drained
- ½ yellow capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 poblano pepper (ancho chile), deseeded and sliced
- 5 cups Romaine or Cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Extra coriander leaves to garnish
- Lime slices, to garnish
- 1 cup Cilantro Lime Rice
Warm up your leftover Mexican Pulled Pork (using this recipe) or shredded chicken. Use as much or as little as you like.
Remove corn kernels from cobs. Vertically stand a cob up on a chopping board with the widest, cut-side flat on the board (holding the narrowest part), and using a sharp knife, slice downward to remove all the kernels. Rotate cob to the next section. Repeat until all of the corn is removed. Place corn in a skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat; toast until it begins to smell like popcorn and looks toasted (about 4 minutes).
While the corn is cooking, combine all dressing ingredients together in a shallow bowl or jug; whisk until well combined.
Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad to serve