Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli and Snap Peas an easy 30-minute recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Tender chicken sauteed with fresh broccoli and snap peas coated in a delicious savory sauce. Full of flavor and much better than taking out.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 3/4 – 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (can also use or add snow peas, red bell peppers or zucchini)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (if allergic – leave out and use more soy sauce or hoisin sauce can be used but the flavor won’t be quite the same since it’s sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cups water (plus more as needed to thin out sauce – I used 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili garlic sauce or Sriracha (optional to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional but if you have it in your pantry already – it adds an exceptional depth & umami flavor)
FOR MEAL PREP
Cooked rice, quinoa or noodles
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle in cornstarch and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large wok or pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is slightly brown and cooked through. Transfer on a medium plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil then add the broccoli and snap peas to the pan. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and pour sauce on top. Turn the heat to high and allow the sauce to thicken and bubble (about 30 seconds). Toss until coated and adjust seasonings as needed. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and remove from heat. Serve hot with cooked rice, quinoa or noodles.
FOR MEAL PREP
- Divide into lunchboxes along with cooked rice, quinoa or rice noodles.