Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These chicken pesto roll-ups are stuffed with cheese, juicy tomatoes and pesto sauce! These taste like fine dining with Tuscan flavors but they are so easy to make…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 26 minutes ]
- 4 med/large (2 lbs) chicken breasts,
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) Pesto sauce (We love Costco’s pesto!)
- 8 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 2 oz for topping)
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced into 16 rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, optional
- Fresh basil leaves, shredded, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise so you have 8 thin chicken cutlets.
- Pound each cutlet in a quart sized ziplock bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap into ⅛” thick cutlets.
- Season both sides of chicken with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Spoon and spread 1 Tbsp pesto in the center of each cutlet, top with 2 thin tomato slices and sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the chicken up tightly and seal ends with a toothpick.
- Preheat large oven-safe skillet over medium/high heat with 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter.
- Add chicken roll-ups and sear on both sides until golden (4 min per side or 8 minutes total on the stove).
- Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese and 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.
- Place the skillet on the center rack of the oven and bake 425˚F for 13-15 minutes (13 min for these medium chicken breasts and 15 min for larger chicken breasts, or until internal temp of chicken reaches 160˚F on the instant-read thermometer.