Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A party of flavors in your mouth! Fire up the grill and make these spicy burgers this summer.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 8 Dempster’s Hamburger Buns
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and salsa for dipping, if desired
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and breadcrumbs.
- Using damp, clean hands, combine ingredients together. Shape mixture into eight patties.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Place peppers and onions in a disposable aluminum barbecue tray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Once heated, place burgers and vegetables on the grill.
- Cook burgers for 8 minutes and then flip over.
- Remove aluminum foil covering from vegetables and continue to cook.
- Cook burgers and vegetables an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165F on the burgers.
- Add cheese during last minute of cooking time to melt on burgers.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoonfuls of guacamole on the bottom of a Dempster’s Hamburger Bun.
- Top with chicken burger, veggies, and bun. Serve hot with salsa and sour cream for dipping.