Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This casserole was knee-slapping, tongue-wagging, sing hallelujah good! I have been singing its’ praises since I made it…
Ingredients [ For 6 to 7 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 3 – 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (use rotisserie chicken if desired)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place butter in 9″ X 13″ baking dish and place in oven while it’s preheating.
- Once butter is melted, you can remove the pan to continue with the recipe, or let it cook a little too brown it and add an extra dimension of flavor.
- Be sure to watch it if you decide to let it brown because it can go from nutty to burnt pretty quickly.
- Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle prepared chicken over the top of the butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour over the chicken, but do not stir.
- In the same bowl, after scraping out as much flour mixture as possible, whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup.
- Pour that over top of casserole; do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 35 – 45 minutes. When done, the top will be beautifully browned and bubbly around the edges.
- Yield: about 6 servings
- Veronica’s notes: I boiled a whole chicken for this recipe.
- It was about 5 lbs and I covered it with water in a stock pot and added a teaspoon of salt, boiling for an hour or two.
- I forgot to set the timer so I really don’t know how long I boiled it because I was so busy with the baby- lol.
- If you make it this way, it’s very economical, and you automatically make your own broth to use in the recipe.