Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A beautiful aromatic ‘kid-friendly’ curry, sweetened with creamy butternut pumpkin (or squash) and loaded with tender chicken pieces, ultimate comfort food…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Korma curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 4 cups (600g) ready diced Butternut squash/pumpkin
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve
Heat the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large pan/skillet over high heat. Sauté the onion and carrot until the onion becomes soft and transparent.
Add the chicken and fry until just beginning to brown.
Add the garlic, curry paste and garam masala (if using), stirring together quickly to blend in the heat of the pan for about a minute until fragrant.
Add the butternut pieces and green beans; keep cooking while stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Stir the coconut milk into the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; add the sugar and salt to your taste (I use about 1 teaspoon), and continue to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pumpkin pieces have softened. (If you prefer a creamier pumpkin curry sauce, simmer for 5-10 minutes longer until the pumpkin has completely melted the sauce.
Serve over cauliflower rice