Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This recipe for a Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is simply amazing and will replace your need for the takeout menus! It’s seriously easy to make this on a busy weeknight, and your body will feel so good after eating a home-cooked meal. Why not make this tonight?!
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chow mein noodles or hot cooked rice
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Cut florets from broccoli stems and separate florets into small pieces. Cut broccoli stems crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut pepper into short, thin strips.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir broccoli stem in hot oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli florets and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok or skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok.
- Stir sauce; pour into center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir together to coat. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. If desired, garnish with toasted sesame seed and serve with additional hoisin sauce.