Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A golden cheesy crust seals in the fluffy, moist and creamy center of this zucchini casserole. This zucchini casserole recipe is easy, irresistibly delicious and a great way to use up extra garden vegetables…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 6 medium (3 lbs) green zucchini
- 1½ tsp salt, divided (1 tsp for sprinkling and ½ tsp for casserole)
- 2 cups cooked white rice*
- ⅔ cup + ⅓ cup sour cream, divided
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash, or your favorite salt-free seasoning
- 8 oz block (3 cups shredded) Colby jack or Mexican cheese
- ½ cup chives or green onion, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Grate zucchini on the large holes (or the grating attachment on a food processor).
- Transfer grated zucchini to a colander over the sink and stir in 1 tsp salt. Let stand 10 min, stirring a couple of times then squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands.
- Transfer drained zucchini to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ⅔ cup sour cream with ½ tsp baking powder and let stand while zucchini drains (8-10 min).
- Into the mixing bowl with drained zucchini, stir in 4 eggs and sour cream mixture.
- Add cooked rice and 2 cups cheese. Stir in ½ cup chives, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp
- Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Pour mixture into buttered casserole dish and spread ⅓ cup sour cream over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over the surface and bake uncovered on the center rack at 400˚ for 40 min.
- Let stand for 10 min before serving.