Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Quick and easy vegetarian recipe for Cheese and Butterbean Stuffed Mushrooms. Dinner is served in less than 25 minutes…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 8 tbsp of tinned butterbeans (drained) *These are sometimes known as mature lima beans – they’re light brown in color rather than the young green version.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- large pinch of ground black pepper
- 100g/1 cup (firmly packed) of strong cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese), grated
- 4 tbsp panko breadcrumbs seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
CUCUMBER AND RED ONION SALAD (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ a red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350F.
- Cut the stalks out of the mushrooms using a small, sharp knife. If you like you can cut the stalks up and add them to the filling.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix the butterbeans, garlic, tomato puree, black pepper and ¾ of the cheese.
- Spoon this mixture into the mushrooms, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Carefully spoon over the breadcrumbs and drizzle a ¼ tbsp. of olive oil over each one.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, mix together the cucumber and red onion salad ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once cooked, serve the mushrooms straightaway with the cucumber and red onion salad.