Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Onion haters will turn into onion lovers when they try this easy-to-make stuffed chicken breast.
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 Borden(R) Gouda Cheese Slices, or more as needed
- 1 (4.75 ounces) package seasoned coating mix for chicken
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and saute until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat until onions turn deeper brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
- If they start to burn, reduce heat. When completely caramelized, remove skillet from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Evenly stuff pockets with 1 or 2 slices of Gouda cheese (depending on the size of breast) and 1 tablespoon caramelized onions.
- Place seasoned coating mix in a shallow dish. Evenly dip each chicken breast in coating mix and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear 20 to 30 minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).