Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Women who suffer from depression, fatty liver, high cholesterol level, pre –diabetes and gallbladder problems have difficulties with losing weight and staying healthy. Unexplained weight gain has been linked with hormonal imbalance for a long time. As we grow older we are more likely to have problems with hormonal imbalance.
WHY HORMONES NEED TO BE RESET
Each hormone in our bodies is a key which needs to turn a lock to be able to do its work. The “locks” are actually receptor sites. Various inflammations can affect the receptors and that is why some hormones may become ineffective.
Some hidden reasons why receptor sites may be ineffective include
- “grain drain” from wheat, rye, barley, and corn-based products, usually genetically modified, compounding the problem
- constant exposure to xenoestrogens, substances which mimic estrogen, in our diet, environment, and our personal care products
- meat, dairy, and eggs from animals treated with growth hormones
- sugar, alcohol and caffeine intake
- high fructose intake, from high fructose corn syrup and even from natural foods like unsweetened applesauce and tomatoes
- stress, EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) and sleep deprivation
Give Yourself a Personal Hormone Tune-Up
Making a few simple changes in your daily routine can really help maintain hormonal balance, allowing you to take charge of your weight and health. Read on to learn about important hormones in women’s bodies that must be balanced to be healthy and feel well.
Estrogen is an especially important hormone. When it is not balanced with the related hormone progesterone, this imbalance can cause water retention, memory loss, and migraine headaches. A hormonal imbalance may also cause fat accumulation around the hips and thighs. Finally, it can accelerate the aging process.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Estrogen Receptors
- Apply a topical progesterone cream can act against estrogen dominance.
- Avoid copper-rich foods like nuts, seeds, avocados, chocolate, and shellfish. Copper is proven to be closely linked with estrogen, so women who use copper IUDs or birth control pills are more likely to have problems with estrogen dominance.
- Always wash your fruits and vegetables well to clean them from herbicides, estrogen-mimicking pesticides, and fungicides.
- Stop reheating food in plastic containers.
- Drink water from the glass or stainless steel bottles, not from plastic ones.
- Don’t use personal care products that contain endocrine disruptors like parabens and phthalates.
- Defeat excess estrogen by using two tablespoons of lignin-rich toasted cold milled flax seeds every day. Sprinkle it on your food or put it in your smoothies.
- Season soup, stew, chili or other bean dishes with 2-3 cardamom seeds. Cardamom has an amazing ability to cleanse and detoxify the liver, which is crucial for hormone balancing.
- Control the estrogen metabolism by supplementing with DIM (diindolylmethane). Take 100 mg two times a day with meals.
WHAT ABOUT INSULIN LEVELS?
- When we consume excessive amounts of alcohol, sugar, and caffeine, our insulin levels may rise. Unhealthy meals and high levels of fat intake can also increase blood sugar levels, overloading receptor sites and accelerate the accumulation of fat. Insulin resistance occurs when the receptors are blocked, causing high blood sugar levels and high triglycerides, too. If you have problems with weight gain, intense and frequent hunger, lacking focus or motivation, problems with concentration, anxious feelings, or fatigue, then it is time to clean up your insulin receptor sites.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Insulin Receptors
- Drink a glass of water with one teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar during every meal. The acidity of ACV slows down the digestion of carbohydrates, potentially lowering blood sugar levels up to 30%!
- First thing in the morning, drink hot lemon water instead of a cup of coffee. Drinking coffee while fasting is associated with increased insulin levels and decreased insulin sensitivity, according to the The American Diabetes Association.
- Chromium is an important mineral for blood sugar regulation but is usually deficient in our diet. The UNI KEY Weight Loss Formula contains 400 mg of chromium, helping insulin to work quickly and more efficiently.
- Use stevia instead of sugar in drinks, smoothies, and baking. Stevia is a naturally sweet-tasting herb that does not cause increased blood sugar level.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, and coriander to your meals, all of which can metabolize sugar.
What Does Leptin Do?
- The hormone of satiety is known as leptin. If you feel hungry soon after you have consumed your meal, then you probably have clogged leptin receptors. The problem is worsened if you consume high amounts of fructose instead of healthy fats.