Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These key lime pie bars have a buttery graham cracker crust and a smooth and creamy lime filling that make for an irresistible treat…
Ingredients [ For 9 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
For The Crust
- 1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
For The Filling
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ⅔ cup key lime juice (regular lime juice can also be used)
- 1 14 ounces can be sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup sugar
For The Topping
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- lime slices for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8″x8″ pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling.
- Beat the egg yolks with a mixer until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the condensed milk, continuing to beat the mixture.
- Add the lime juice, lime zest, and sugar, then beat until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is just set.
- Cool the bars completely then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- Prior to serving, cut the bars into 9 equal pieces and prepare the whipped cream topping.
- Place the heavy cream in a bowl and beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sugar.
- Place the whipped cream inside a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe rosettes of whipped cream onto the bars.
- Top with lime slices and serve.