Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Browned Butter Shrimp Scampi with Parmesan Pasta! Authentic Shrimp Scampi flavors with a browned butter twist…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 500 g | 1 lbs dry weight pasta (I used Linguine)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 500 g | 1 lbs fresh shrimp (prawns)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or you can use vermouth or chicken broth)
- Juice of half a lemon (or 2 tablespoons)
- pinch of salt
- cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. While pasta is boiling, make your browned butter.
Melt butter over low heat in a medium-sized light colored frying pan/skillet, keeping a close eye on it as it begins to bubble and foam. Swirl it gently while occasionally stirring. Once the foam subsides, pay attention to the color. When it turns golden brown and develops a fried, nutty aroma, stir the shrimp through and add the garlic (the shrimp will stop the browning process). After about two minutes, add the wine and lemon juice; sauté for another minute or so. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes and the red pepper/chili flakes. Continue cooking the shrimp (prawns) for a further 2 minutes, or until done. (Be careful not to overcook them, or they will turn rubbery)!
Stir the parmesan cheese into the pasta with the reserved water; stir the red chill flakes and herbs through the shrimp; combine the shrimp mixture in with the pasta.
Garnish with extra chopped parsley and basil, and optional red pepper/chili flakes.