Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Blackberry-basil pizza might sound like a strange combination, but this is my all-time favorite simple pizza recipe. With less than 30 minutes from start to finish (including bake time), you’ve got to try this pizza…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 package Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated classic crust pizza dough
- 4 ounces Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Muir Glen organic crushed tomatoes (from a 14.5-ounce can)
- 1 heaping cup blackberries (15-20 large blackberries)
- 6 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese (on a block) OR mozzarella pearls*
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (use a good quality pre-grated)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the oven rack in low position. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, add the sausage, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds to 1 more minute or until fragrant. Using the slotted spoon, transfer to small bowl.
Unroll the dough with the oven-safe parchment paper onto an ungreased large cookie sheet (dough bakes on paper). Spread the tomato sauce evenly over dough avoiding the “crust.” Cut the mozzarella cheese into 1/4th inch thick pieces and cut those pieces in thirds. Place these pieces all over the pizza. Alternatively, use mozzarella pearls*. Fill in any empty spaces with the blackberries and cooked sausage mixture.
Drizzle olive oil all over the top of the pizza and then generously sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as desired.
Bake for 16 to 21 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Meanwhile, ribbon the basil. Let pizza stand for 3-4 minutes and then top with basil.