Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The best, Easy Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with simple steps and ONE added ingredient for a soft and chewy experience in LESS THAN 15 minutes
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup (4 oz | 125 g) stick butter, melted (not spreadable)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (or a granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or coconut syrup, agave, rice malt syrup, maple syrup or honey may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose or plain flour (add more as needed – only up to 1/4 cup extra)*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
Preheat the oven to 350°F | 175°C. Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it (half soft and half melted).
Using electric beaters or a wooden spoon, combine the butter with the brown and white sugar/s, and beat until creamy and paler in color and the sugar has dissolved. Add the syrup, vanilla, and the egg, and lightly beat until just mixed through.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. If needed, add in one tablespoon of the ‘extra’ flour at a time until the dough is still soft but easy to handle;, and firm enough to form one large ball (the dough should not be dry. I only needed 3 tablespoons of the extra flour). Add in half of the chocolate chips with your hands.
Roll the dough into 18-20 balls and arrange them on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie; bake for about 10-11 minutes. The cookies will look pale and puffed up but should be golden around the edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE or your cookies will become hard once they have cooled.
Allow cooling on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes. They will sink and become dense in that time frame. Maybe try one or two after about 10 minutes. Then see the difference with the rest of the cookies after 30 minutes *