Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Super Easy Churro Waffles! Soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They taste just like a churro…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, egg whites, and yolks separated
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg yolks until combined.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add egg whites and sugar and beat on medium-high until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the egg whites to the batter.
- Cook batter in waffle iron according to manufactures directions.
- In a medium shallow bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- When the waffles are done brush each of them with the melted butter.
- Dip each waffle in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with syrup if desired.