Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Baked ziti is a favorite comfort dish in my home! Adding spinach is a quick and easy way to get more leafy greens into your family’s diet without complaints.
Ingredients [ For 1 to 2 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 12 oz uncooked ziti (wheat or gluten-free)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat-free ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded part skim mozzarella
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprays a 9×13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente (I like to under-cook it 3 or 4 minutes as it will cook more in the oven). Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt, pepper, and crushed tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pasta and combine. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned. Let it cool 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy it !!