Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A comforting baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of melted cheese is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a weeknight dinner…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 – of a small onion, chopped
- 1 – garlic clove, minced
- 1 – pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 – cup beef broth
- 1 – (15 ounce) can Red Gold® crushed tomatoes
- 2 – (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® diced tomatoes basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 – tablespoon sugar
- 1 – teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 – (ounces) dry spaghetti noodles (4 cups cooked)
- 6 – tablespoons butter (cut into one tablespoon portions)
- 2 – cups shredded Italian Cheese Blend or shredded Mozzarella cheese
Cheese Filling Recipe
- 3/4 – cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3/4 – cup sour cream
- 4 – (ounces) cream cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking the meat up as it cooks. Drain off any grease.
- Add the beef broth, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, sugar, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes (giving the sauce time to reduce).
- While the sauce simmers, cook the spaghetti per package directions for al dente pasta. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Mix the cottage cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese in a medium-size bowl until well blended.
- When the sauce is done assemble the spaghetti-lasagna. To assemble spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place three slices of butter in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Layer half of the noodles over the butter. Spread the cheese mixture over the spaghetti noodles using a spatula.
- Layer the remainder of the spaghetti noodles over the cheese mixture.
- Place the last three tablespoons of butter on top of noodles.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce mixture evenly over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes.