Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Popcorn chicken is already pretty perfect as is, but if you smother it in a honey BBQ sauce you are going to be so satisfied! These Baked Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken are just the definition of perfection….
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 15 minute – Cooking time : 20 minutes ]
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together your crushed cornflakes with your salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk.
- Take each piece of chicken and dip it into the egg mixture, then roll it in the cornflake mixture. Place each chicken bit on the baking sheet. Repeat until all your chicken is coated.
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a small saucepan, mix your three ingredients and warm them on a medium heat.
- When your bites are cooked, place them all in a large bowl, then pour the warmed sauce over the top and toss the chicken so all of the bites are coated.
- Serve them either as an appetizer with some yummy dips or with fries or salad to turn it into an entree.