Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb are great flavor partners and a sure sign of spring.
Ingredients [ For 14 to 16 people ] [ Preparation time : 40 minute – Cooking time : 7h 40 minutes ]
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 18 slices (1 inch thick) French bread
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs or 1½ cups fat-free egg product
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 cups medium whole strawberries
- 2 cups cut-up rhubarb (about 11⁄3 lb)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup water 1 box (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin
1. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In the medium bowl, beat flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs with the whisk until smooth.
2. Arrange bread slices to fit in the single layer in pan. Pour egg mixture over bread slices; turn to coat both sides. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
3. Heat oven to 450°F. Uncover pan; bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat strawberries, rhubarb and water to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Boil 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Serve warm sauce with French toast.